I heard you’re planning to go to England soon. Did you know that the Queen of England doesn’t need a passport to travel overseas? She also doesn’t need a driver’s license or a license plate on her vehicle. She has that much power.

Naturally, you’ll need a great deal of documents to visit this place.

You should know that your reason for travelling is as essential as you’re travelling at every point in your application.

There are various reasons the UK recognizes as valid, but they fall under these three major ones: Visit, Study and Migrate. If you’re applying for a visit visa, you’re in the right place. If not, click here to know what you need for a study visa and here for an immigration visa.


For the visit visa, these are the documents you need:

  1. Visa application form: You will be required to fill out a manual application form or complete the form online here .
  2. Two passport photographs taken within six months before application.
  3.  Valid passport with an expiry date that extends beyond your arrival date from the UK. The passport should also have one blank page. Ensure that no part of the passport is damaged or tampered with.
  4. Proof of funds refers to your employment letter, bank statement and pay slips for the last six months to prove that you’re employed and capable of taking care of yourself throughout your stay.
  5. Where do you plan to stay when you get to the UK? A hotel, hostel or with family? Get a document for evidence.
  6. What do you plan to do in the UK? When do you plan to do it? You need a document to show your travel itinerary.
  7. Tuberculosis test result.
  8. UK visa invitation letter if you were invited to the UK by a friend, family, or even a conference. The host has to be a UK citizen or a legal resident.
  9. Evidence that you have paid the visa fees.
  10. If you have travelled overseas before, submit a document that proves that. This will show that you have a track record of travelling and returning to your country.
  11. Is there any document that isn’t in English or Welsh? Submit a translation.
  12. Have a criminal record of any kind? Add that too.
  13. If you are under the age of 18, you will need:
    1. Birth certificate and adoption paperwork (if it applies)
    2. A signed letter from your parent or guardian verifying the information of the person you’re travelling with if the person is not a parent/legal guardian.
    3. A copy of the biographical page of your parent/guardian.

If you have all of this, you’re good to go.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.