Luxembourg is a small European landlocked country in the Benelux, surrounded by Belgium, France and Germany. It’s mostly rural, with dense Ardennes forest and nature parks in the north, rocky gorges of the Mullerthal region in the east and the Moselle river valley in the southeast. Its capital is Luxembourg City, currency in use is the euro, and the official languages are French, Luxembourgish, and German.
Modified continental with mild winters, although January and February can get very cold and temperatures can fall to as low as -15°C. The summer can be very hot in Luxembourg, with temperatures in July and August reaching around 30+°C.
Types of Visa to Luxembourg
There are several visa types available into Luxembourg, depending on the purpose of your travel.
- Business visa
- Tourist visa
- Student visa
Where to Go
Luxembourg has no consulate or embassy here in Nigeria just yet, but applications for a visa to Luxembourg can be made through the Belgian embassy here in Nigeria.
Belgian Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria
9, Usuma Street, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria
Phone: (+234) 803 301 68 22, (+234) 806 979 22 33 (visa)
Below is a list of required documents you may be needing if you intend putting in for a Luxembourg business visa.
- Visa application form completely filled and signed.
- Recent passport-sized photographs which capture the full face with a light background is required.
- International passport with validity exceeding the expected return date, with at least two blank pages.
- Copy of the passports data sheet (page on which the photo is located).
- Copies of your previous visas (if any).
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit and itinerary.
- Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit.
- Health Insurance. Proof of health insurance covering international travel.
- Hotel reservation for the duration of the intended stay.
- A proof of your civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse if applicable).
- Proof of legal stay (if the application is not presented in the country of origin).
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay.
- If you will be receiving financial support from a host or other sponsor in the travel destination, their bank statement would be required. Please provide a copy of that individual’s bank statement. Please note that the invitation letter from your host should specifically state the types of support they will be providing (financial, accommodations, etc.).
- Original Business letter, signed by the inviting company on the company letter paper, providing information about the travel purpose, specifying the type and desired validity of the visa.
- Proof of previous trade relations between the two companies, if any exists.
- Certificate of employment (if employed).
- If you are retired please submit proof of your retirement fund.
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel (if employed).
- Trade register excerpt or the like (for self-employed).
- Bank statement for the last 3 months.
- Proof of group travel (if the travel is going to be done in a group).
- Trade License (first issued and present renewal).
- Visa fees
According to each individual case, the competent embassy may request additional documentation. For further information, and all types of visas, please call or visit the appropriate embassy in Nigeria.